Sunday, July 09, 2006

BACKSTAGE AT THE VELVET MILL STUDIOS JULY 14TH

In theater the audience never gets to see the actor put on his makeup. It’s a magic moment when the actor becomes someone else and it happens backstage before the curtain goes up. The actor performs his magic for a live audience. The artist performs his magic alone. The studio is the artist’s theater where he brings his characters to life with paint instead of makeup.

On Friday, July 14th the artists’ studios at The Velvet Mill in Stonington will be open to the public. It’s a chance to go backstage and learn something about each artist’s creative process. My studio will be open along with my exhibition at The Four Starr Gallery. Although I have been painting for twenty three years I moved into my first studio at The Velvet Mill three years ago. Before that I painted in the living rooms and dining rooms of the apartments we lived in. I was afraid to have a studio because it might seem like an office where I had to go to work every day. My studio at The Velvet Mill does not seem like an office.


Come and see for yourself.

Velvet Mill Studios
22 Bayview Avenue, Stonington, CT 06378
OPEN STUDIOS AND EXHIBITION
Friday July 14th
5:00 to 8:00 PM

Directions:
I-95 Exit 91, South to North Main St.
to Stonington Borough, Left onto Cutler St.,
Left onto Elm St., Right onto Bayview

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home