Friday, July 07, 2006

THE BEST PAINTERS

The opening night crowd at my exhibition included kids. They asked questions and told me they loved painting. I invited Charis 8, and Ross Henry 12, to paint in my studio the next day. Charis asked for brown, red, and black and white paint. She went to work immediately and painted a red and white lighthouse in a black and white storm. When the sun appeared through the window of my studio it reflected a beam on to Charis’s painting which looked like it was coming from the lighthouse. Charis asked for yellow paint and put the sun’s rays into her painting. Ross Henry’s painting was thick with paint and had a nose, big eyes and a wide open mouth smiling. He said it was Anne but then he changed the name to Janet when the painting was finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home