Friday, May 26, 2006

“I LOVE YOUR WORK AND I WANT GEORGE TO HAVE ONE OF YOUR PAINTINGS IN THE WHITE HOUSE.”

In 2004 I received my second invitation to The White House. This time it was Laura Bush who invited me for breakfast because my paintings were included in “The Art In Embassies Program.” When she shook my hand she said, “I love your work and I want George to have one of your paintings in The White House.”

When I got home I sent a thank you letter to Laura Bush with a CD of paintings. I received a letter back from Laura Bush’s Chief of Staff telling me that “…works by living artists are not considered for acquisition.”

I would have been better off with a knighthood.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

David, Sometimes you really make me chuckle with these posts. Well done! Btw...I love the Bagpipes painting. Is it sold?

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home